Early Pre school this week
We have concluded another successful week in acquiring knowledge and feeding curiosity. A quick summary of what happened this week is
• Conversations about being a good friend and responsive friend continued in our large group through different games and in-depth discussions. We hand out rewards for kids who proved to improve their approaches with another child. Now we are starting to listen to words like “Please” and “Thank you,” and more often.
• Our new addition to the group Dominic is settling in well. He is making new friends, and his name is starting a circle around among his friends for his different plays. Especially when he plays with the bicycles and tricycles, he usually asks his friends to sit in the three-wheeler when he drives his tricycle and bright ideas in solving problems like how we shall build a shade on the window to solve the problem we are facing with the sun while we sit in circle time.
• Our math activity was about numbers. We explored with numbers and tried to put them in ascending order. All of the kids challenged there self to put all the numbers in ascending order. Next week we are planning to challenge the kids to measure different attributes and help them to use measurement words.
• In science investigation on how we can grow plants, we had reached progress when we planted our plants in the garden last week. But unfortunately, most of our plants died, and only one plant is left. So we tried to make a fence around it for safety, and we water it to see its progress. Since we are finalizing our science project next week, we are planning to experiment on materials that dissolve.
• In our literacy day, we continued to explore with Zoo-Phonics animals and the sounds they make. This week we focused on the kids' favorite letters making them familiar with the sound and the story behind that particular letter.
• This week’s art session was about developing our fine motors by sticking different textured materials like scrap paper, ribbons, and spatulas. We used Glue, paintbrush, and paper to make our beautiful individual artwork. Next week we are planning to start one of the most significant projects of the year. The project will be a portrait of what we have learned throughout the year in one big canvas.
Other Important Notes
* On Thursdays please make sure your child wears old clothes and shoes for art. It could get messy.
* Due to unknown weather conditions, Please pack both hot and cold weather clothes and gears•
* Don’t forget to bring library folders on Wednesdays.