Blog for Early Pre School and Pre School
We had a wonderful week; the children are having beautiful days as they explore, learn how to follow rules, and find ways of problem solving while they learn and discover new concepts.
We all like to say welcome for our two new friends that just joined the early preschool class this week Umar and Christian. In the other hand we all are excited to see the sand box opening this week, we all were busy digging the sand, making castles, and molding different shapes with it. We also added moving library to our outside area, we are happy to see how some of our children were busy reading and exploring with books!
We enjoyed on our Cooperative Games Day, by playing a game called ‘Musical chair '. The game went like this: The numbers of people who will play the game are counted. Chairs are, one less than the number of players, are arranged in a circle.
One person, apart from those playing the game, stands at the music system. He/ she plays and abruptly stops the music anytime.
● The players start dancing around the chair when the music is on.
● The moment the music stops, all the players try to sit on the nearest chair.
● The player left standing is out of the game.
● Again, the music starts and the whole process is repeated, till only one person is left sitting on a chair.
● The person left sitting on a chair at the end of the game is the winner. This is a great way to introduce songs to students. We must say that our class did a wonderful job listening to the rules of the game and most of all had so much fun dancing and playing with their friends.
Investigation on Literacy: - We worked on our Journals. We had such a best way of expressing our selves. All the children tried to draw themselves as they wanted and how they image themselves in a picture, some were drawing
their teachers, their parents too. After they finish drawing, some of our children shared their stories with their friends.
On our science exploration: - We had such a fun way of learning about how to keep our teeth clean! We discussed about the color of our toothbrush and the toothpaste that we have. We learn that we all have different ones! Also, we have talked about how to use our toothbrushes and toothpaste, when we need to brush our teeth too. Keep in mind we need to brush our teeth twice a day to keep it clean and white!
Art goes like this: Shapes are the topic of the week in our math class, we incorporated shapes in our art classes and explored with shapes and paints. Our shapes were Circles, Triangle and Square. We used cotton buds to paint our shapes with different colors. We are happy to say the children enjoyed it!
Math: - We have been spying with our little eyes searching for a circle shape in our class that was such an entertaining activity. We looked at the bin, the plates and the shelves in our class had circle shapes on them, we even found some circles on our clothes. Aww…shapes are all around!!
Library Day: - We read a book titled ‘The Three Little Pigs’ it was such an enjoyable time. We were busy reading and choosing books to read at home with family and friends!
Next week Explorations
Monday - Cooperative Game
Wednesday – Science
Thursday – Math
Friday – Library
Tuesday – Music
Wednesday – Art
For Early Preschool
Monday –Cooperative Games
Wednesday – Science
Friday – Math
Monday - Music
Friday – Art
● The weather is changing so don’t forget to put a hat and sunscreen in your child’s bag.
● On our Art days try to send the children with Art friendly clothing.
● Don’t forget to return Library folders on your child’s library days.
Have such enjoyable weekend!